1. What is Weighing Lab all about?
WeighingLab.com is a platform where there are 2 types of people -
1. Trainee - One who is interested in looking for expert assistance in either losing weight or gaining weight by eating the right food. Trainees can register on WeighingLab.com through the weighinglab.com/register
2. Fitness Coach - Fitness Coaches are the ones who are experts in the field of giving fitness related advice. Fitness Coaches can be either Dieticians / Nutritionists (expert in the diet-related advice) or Trainers (can be Gym Trainer, Yoga Trainer, Dance Instructor, CrossFit Instructor, etc).
Trainees can interact with fitness coaches of their choice for their own fitness-related requirements such as to receive a customized diet plan and/or customized training plan and even for general fitness-related consultation to maintain their overall long-term health.
2. Is Weighing Lab FREE?
Yes, WeighingLab.com is absolutely free to use for both trainees and fitness coaches.
3. Are there any hidden charges when I use Weighing Lab?
No, there are no hidden charges for the trainees to use the website.
However, for the fitness coaches (trainers/nutritionists), we might start charging some money to remain listed in the near future to cover our running costs. But, for now, this access is given free of cost.
4. What all can I do as a TRAINEE?
After making a free account on the website, Trainees can follow coaches’ profiles. After you follow the coaches’, the updates of all the coaches’ will appear on your HOME feed. You can interact with those updates by liking them and posting a comment. If you liked what that coach is regularly posting and would like to get trained by them, you can contact that coach directly using the chat feature. Before selecting your coach, you can also check their profile and see how many trainees they have coached already and see the feedback from other trainees.
Plus, you can log your daily diet of that particular day using the feature called as 'Diet Dictionary'. This will inform your coach of what you ate during that day. Ultimately, he/she can guide you accordingly to achieve the weight loss.
5. Cool, are there any charges for contacting the COACH?
No, we do not charge anything for contacting them. Access to all the coaches is given free of cost to you. However, the coach might charge a fee to give their services to you [Trainee] which will be an agreement between you [Trainee] and Fitness Coach.
The fees will be handed over by you [Trainee] to the fitness coach directly via
1. Cash - Only possible if they reside nearby your current residence. In this case, you can also meet them in-person.
2. Digital means such as PayTM, PhonePe, IMPS, etc.
6. As a FITNESS COACH, can I earn MONEY on Weighing Lab?
Yes, you can. Once you register on the website, you can try to keep your profile updated by posting regular content such as your workout videos, diet videos, infographics, images, and other fitness-related advice. Trainees, if they liked your profile, will contact you directly (using the chat) for seeking your services which would be related to giving customized weight loss plans and training plans.
You can charge your desired fees by proper communication with the trainee and can take the payment through any of the online or offline means. In this way, you keep 100% of your fees.
7. Great, how much MONEY can I earn as a FITNESS COACH?
There is no cap on how much you can earn. It all depends upon how much you charge per TRAINEE and the number of TRAINEES you can handle at a single time.
8. What does the Blue Tick Mark in the Coaches’ profiles indicate?
It indicates that Weighing Lab has verified the authenticity of that profile of a fitness coach. That fitness coach is actually a certified coach in his/her specialty.
9. How can a Fitness Coach get a Blue Tick Mark on his/her profile?
You can upload the asked documents on the 'Update Profile' page. We will verify its authenticity and contact you if needed. Once the documents are verified, the verified Blue tick mark will appear on your profile.
10. What's that Green Dot which I can see on the Coach profile?
Green Dot beside the coach profile indicates that the person is currently online.
On the flip side, if there is no visible green dot, it simply means that the person is offline.
11. Can I change my username after making an account?
Yes, you can change your username once you make an account on WeighingLab.com.
To do that, go to 'Update Profile' section (which you can access by clicking on the downward arrow beside your display name at the top right corner of the screen) and fill the desired username, which is subject to availability, and hit the Save button.
12. What is DIET DICTIONARY?
Diet Dictionary is an exhaustive database of food items that you, as a trainee, is consuming on a daily basis. You will be able to view the calorie count along with all the macros and micronutrients of that particular food.
Further, whatever you ate today, you can log those foods into the Diet Dictionary for your records. To do that, just go to the Diet Dictionary section and enter those food items.
For example, if you ate 250 grams of rice, 2 chapattis, 1 bowl vegetable, and salad in the lunch, you can open Diet Dictionary and enter these items one by one.
In this way, your hired fitness coach will also be able to view your eating history and can keep a check on your weight loss progress. If required, he/she would be able to suggest you any changes in the diet/workout plan for the coming week.
13. Who all can use DIET DICTIONARY to track calories?
Only trainees can use this feature since DIET DICTIONARY is there to track your progress regarding weight loss/gain.
Fitness coaches themselves can't log any food whichever they are consuming, however, fitness coaches can view if their clients (trainees) are following their suggested diet charts or not. Hence, fitness coaches will find it easy to manage multiple clients through Diet Dictionary.
14. As a COACH, when I check my profile and click on 'Followers' or 'Following' to check the list of all the followers' names, I see some names for which there is no FOLLOW button. Why is that?
It is because those profiles are of TRAINEES. As a COACH, you cannot follow a trainee. Trainees cannot post anything, hence no FOLLOW button is there.
15. Can I change my Email Id once I register on Weighing Lab?
Yes, you can change your email id anytime you want. Just go to 'Update Profile' and there, you will find an option to switch your email id. Follow the steps and you are good to go.
16. I see the below icons on the search page, what do they actually mean?
This icon represents the trainer profiles. This is a quick way to identify a trainer's profile in search results when you are checking all types of profiles together.
This icon represents the nutritionist profiles. This is a quick way to identify a nutritionist's profile in search results when you are checking all types of profiles together.
17. How can I start my training with the COACH on Weighing Lab?
After you have discussed with the coach using the chat feature,
- You can click on HIRE NOW on the coach profile.
- Select the package duration of your training. If you couldn't find the duration in the list, select the 'Others' option, and enter your own duration in days.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Click the 'Submit' button to send your proposal to the coach.
- After the coach accepts your proposal, you are all set.
Now, you can start your training under that coach. Make sure you have already paid the coach through the mutually discussed payment method.
Whatever, you will be logging in the Diet Dictionary now, your currently hired coach will be able to see it. This will help your coach to suggest any changes to the diet plan he just made for you.
Once your package ends, you can leave your feedback and star rating (out of 5) on the coach's profile as per your recent experience.
18. What the bell icon is for?
Bell icon, on the top right corner of the screen, gives you the notifications
- if someone has just liked your status update
- commented on it
- messaged you on chat
- sent you a proposal
- followed you, and many others
19. How can I change/upload my profile picture?
- Go to 'My Profile'
- You will see a camera icon there. Just upload your clear headshot.
20. Is there an option to block a person from the chat?
While your chat window is still open, you will find the 'Chat Block' option after clicking on the ellipsis (Three Dots) near the cross button.
21. How to unblock the person from the chat?
You can click on the 'Unblock Chat' button on the profile of the person whom you have blocked from messaging you. Click on that and you are good to go.